Bob Simmon envisioned Lake Anne as a place where people could live, work, and play. Today, our mission is to keep that vision alive. We do that by:
- Providing and supporting programs for members and the general public to foster appreciation of the historic significance of Lake Anne in the context of the “new town movement,” urban planning, and mid-twentieth century design and architecture.
- Promoting the multicultural nature of the Plaza and its publicly used, but privately owned, spaces, which draw international visitors.
- Encouraging the use of the public spaces of the Plaza by sponsoring concerts, festivals, craft fairs and other events for the public benefit.
- Fostering acknowledgment that while the Plaza is used as a public venue, it is in fact privately owned by the residents and commercial members of the Lake Anne Condominium Association. We are thankful for their commitment to the maintenance and stewardship of this beloved space.
- Providing financial support for the restoration and maintenance of the public elements of the Plaza, including sculptures, benches, fountains, landscaping, docks, bricks and other fixtures in the open area utilized by the Reston community as a whole as well as national and international visitors.
Friends of Lake Anne has 501(c)3 status through the CORE Foundation’s fiscal sponsorship.
CORE Foundation helps social entrepreneurs and small organizations achieve their goals. They provide counsel and resources to help individuals and organizations plan, build, and execute their visions.
Mailing address: 11400 Washington Plz W #403, Reston, VA 20190